- We all know the Detroit Lions are a pass-first offense, but through one week of the 2017 season, no teams lined up in three wide receiver formations more often than the Lions (obviously, there are two “Monday Night Football” games still left):
Important for Kenny Golladay:— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) September 11, 2017
- #Lions ran 11 personnel on 54 plays in Week 1 (led the NFL)
- Led team in % of air yards 37.7%#NextGenStats pic.twitter.com/LYiFIyJPA4
- The Lions also went no-huddle more than any other offense. They went with the hurry-up on nearly half of their offensive snaps.
Looks like #Lions no-huddle is back.— Pat Thorman (@Pat_Thorman) September 11, 2017
49% rate is Week 1's highest.
Stafford w/o huddle: 19/25, 115 yd 2/0 TD/INT (111.3 passer rating)
- Golden Tate appeared to jam his finger on a Matthew Stafford pass on Sunday. Postgame he was wearing a splint on his finger, but he didn’t seem too worried about it in the locker room. “Just hurt it a little bit,” Tate said, while admitting he hadn’t seen team doctor’s yet.
- Matthew Stafford was the second-most accurate passer in Week 1 (through Sunday):
QB accuracy spotlight from @PFF_Samhttps://t.co/29QpMZjz9M pic.twitter.com/zQzpyuviFw— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 11, 2017
- If you missed Jim Caldwell’s Monday morning press conference, Lions Wire has a nice recap. Or, you can watch it here.
- Glover Quin’s interception on Sunday not only helped the Lions pull off a win, but it also resulted in $5,000 given to Houston relief funds. He also pledged to donate an additional $100 for every tackle he made, bringing his total contribution to $5,500:
This year my play will impact two cities that I hold dear. Houston holds a special place in my heart, as that is the city where my career started and the city that I live in! Hurricane Harvey was devastating and so many communities were affected! I have teamed up with @attackpoverty, a Richmond,Tx based organization, to help rebuild our communities and help people affected by this storm! Join me in my pledge as it will take a huge effort to rebuild and recover from Hurricane Harvey! #QuinsPledge
- Bleacher Report’s Richard Janvrin gave the Lions just a C+ grade after their 35-23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
- This cameraman is a real pro, but you may see him on the injury report this week:
Camera guy took it right to the family jewels and didn't flinch pic.twitter.com/NeaoAui2to— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) September 10, 2017
- Golden Tate sported these awesome cleats this weekend:
- Believe it or not, it looks like Dwayne Washington may not have lost the kick return job after his blunder on Sunday. “Don’t expect not to see him back there again,” Caldwell said during his Monday presser.
- Former NFL lineman Geoff Schwartz, who notoriously said that Lions tackle Greg Robinson should be much better with Detroit, took a victory lap Monday afternoon:
So Greg Robinson wasn't a bust yesterday for the @Lions. Hmmm... ☕️— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 11, 2017