- After throwing for 292 yards and four touchdowns against the Arizona Cardinals, Matthew Stafford is a candidate for FedEx’s Air Player of the Week. Vote for him here!
- Adding to their total of fourth quarter comebacks on Sunday, the Detroit Lions are doing something no other team has come close to in the past two seasons.
Wow.— Brad Gagnon (@Brad_Gagnon) September 12, 2017
Via https://t.co/vECDRdRtXA pic.twitter.com/jNo0sHgeSP
Of course, the Lions only came back from a two-point deficit against the Cardinals, and their average deficit of their eight comeback wins in 2016 was just 3.4 points. Still, this is an insane statistic.
- Glover Quin was “Wired for Sound” against the Arizona Cardinals and the video compilation is great. My personal favorite part was this postgame quote from Larry Fitzgerald:
.@LarryFitzgerald to @GloverQuin27 after the game: "That was a nice pick you had. A couple of years ago, you would've scored, though."— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) September 12, 2017
- Matthew Stafford’s agent, Tom Condon, talked about Stafford’s mega-deal on The Business of Sports podcast. Detroit Jock City has a great recap of the interview, in which Condon calls Lions GM Bob Quinn a rising star.
- As always, Sports Illustrated’s Andy Benoit did a revealing film dive of Lions-Cardinals game. Check out his timeline for all of his observations, but here are two that stuck out:
#Lions Film: Greg Robinson played well in pass pro vs. Chandler Jones down the stretch. Wagner also handled a very game Markus Golden.— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) September 11, 2017
Lions outside zone game simply could not block Cardinals' DL Bear fronts (most outside zone games can't, geometry of it is hard). https://t.co/XZUVtlXozh— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) September 11, 2017
- Blowhard Stephen A. Smith, along with a plenty of over-reactors, razzed Matthew Stafford after his pick-six to start Sunday’s game:
Oh Hell Naw! I don't want to see Matt Stafford throwing pick-6's. Not after becoming highest paid player in NFL. No Sir!— Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) September 10, 2017
The Lions Twitter account couldn’t help but respond after the game:
4⃣ TDs enough? Yes sir❗️ https://t.co/PNpj7yBOCH— Detroit Lions (@Lions) September 10, 2017
- As pointed out by the Detroit News’ Justin Rogers, Bob Quinn is already getting quite a bit of production out of his 2017 draft class.
- New Lions right guard T.J. Lang had an up and down game, but his first play for the Detroit Lions was very much UP:
TJ Lang's 1st snap as a Lion. Explosive out of his stance to gain ground laterally on OZ. Hand placement + base/footwork on point for the pic.twitter.com/77gaXLXX1x— Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) September 11, 2017