- Former Lions Lomas Brown and Kyle Vanden Bosch were among the 108 nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018. Jason Hanson remains a snub.
- TJ Jones was honored by former Lions receiver Nate Burleson in his “Toe Drag Swag” segment for Week 1:
- Football Outsiders released their drive stats for Week 1. Bolstered by four turnovers, the Lions actually had the best average starting field position of all 30 teams who played. Also, they scored the sixth-most points per drive.
- The Lions also rank eighth in Football Outsiders’ DVOA, although this statistic has yet to adjust to strength of defense because it’s too early in the season.
- The Lions’ Super Bowl odds remain stagnant despite their big win over the Cardinals on Sunday:
- Mansur Shaheen of Lions Wire has a nice breakdown of how Miles Killebrew responded to his increased role with the defense on Sunday.
- A Lions fan is under fire after snapchatting two fellow fans at Ford Field who chose to sit during the national anthem. The snapchat contained a caption with a racist slur in it. The Detroit Lions released a statement refusing to announce publicly if the season ticket-holder will face any repercussions, but Ameer Abdullah tweeted out this response:
Man, this hits hard... smh greatly disappointed, yet not a bit surprised. Completely ashamed for these people and disgusted by this "fan." https://t.co/rj1UiS3iQx— Ameer Abdullah (@Ameerguapo) September 13, 2017
- The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers gave 10 observations from the Cardinals game after watching the all-22 coaches film.
- Matthew Stafford is pretty dang impressive: