- Lions offensive guard T.J. Lang went on local sports talk radio this week and blasted NFL analytics site Pro Football Focus. During his weekly appearance, Lang called the site “absolute garbage” and “a total joke.”
- Golden Tate is the latest Lions player to speak up about the Ford Field situation involving a season ticket holder and his racist photo on Snapchat. He praises the Lions’ decision to ban the player from all future Ford Field events:
Didn't think I could be more proud to be part of the @Lions organization, then I read this...#WellDone --> https://t.co/dc2HPjFTkf— Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) September 15, 2017
- Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire has a nice breakdown of what the Giants do best and where they’re the most vulnerable.
- Matt Prater is a good dude:
If you're looking for a kicker, he is poised for a good week & totally supports #LGBT equality #FantasyFootball https://t.co/7i9Wh0a7F2 pic.twitter.com/vmzqRDP6b8— Outsports (@outsports) September 14, 2017
- New Lions punter Jeff Locke is apparently very close with injured punter Sam Martin. The two were selected just 10 picks apart in the 2013 draft, and have been close friends since. Locke told MLive that Martin has helped him learn the ropes quickly in Detroit.
- This photo of Eric Ebron is simply amazing:
Waiting for #MNF like... pic.twitter.com/QiBttOOqED— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) September 14, 2017
- Bill Barnwell listed 15 players who he believes has the most money on the line for 2017. Barnwell included Lions left tackle Greg Robinson, who he believes could see a deal worth $33 million if he has a breakout year with Detroit.
- John Parry’s officiating crew has Lions-Giants duties on Monday night.