- For the third straight week, the Detroit Lions will be underdogs entering the game. According to OddSharks, the Lions are a three-point underdog against the Atlanta Falcons, despite a home game and a 2-0 record.
- There was a pretty neat moment after the game, when the Lions sang “Happy Birthday” to team owner Martha Ford, who turned 92 on Saturday:
Come for the victory speech, stay for the birthday serenade. Happy birthday Mrs. Ford pic.twitter.com/URhQTOHeXk— Detroit Lions (@Lions) September 19, 2017
- Chris Burke, the new Lions beat writer for The Athletic, has an in-depth breakdown of the Lions’ win over the Giants, including who had the key block on Jamal Agnew’s 88-yard punt return touchdown.
- Speaking of Agnew’s punt return, this is a pretty cool breakdown of his speed during the return. According to NFL’s Next Gen stats, Agnew’s punt return TD was the 17th fastest play of Week 2.
.@Lions rookie @jamalagnew...— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
HE GONE! #NextGenStats pic.twitter.com/Qf5rmhIsrk
- Jamal Agnew also made Pro Football Focus’ Team of the Week, as the kick/punt returner. No other Lions made the team in Week 2.
- Darius Slay and Odell Beckham Jr. did a jersey swap after the game was over:
.@OBJ_3 + @_bigplayslay23 jersey swap!#DETvsNYG pic.twitter.com/wEZEGuHlVB— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- What did the Lions prove with their decisive victory over the Giants? Darius Slay thinks “we’re for real.”
- He’s only had the job for a year and a half, but Lions general manager Bob Quinn is already starting to turn heads around the league:
Extremely impressed with what Lions GM Bob Quinn has done in a short time: impact draft picks, solid FA signings, meaningful extensions.— Field Yates (@FieldYates) September 19, 2017