- Plenty of Detroit Lions fans have expressed their frustration with national coverage of the team. Many believe the media has focused too much on the New York Giants’ loss and not enough about the Detroit Lions’ win. Enter: Rich Eisen:
- Update on our friend Sandman and his quest to acquire tickets forfeited by a racist fan: He finally has the tickets, and has his own website called “Sandman Donates.” If you know of a local charity or any nonprofits in the local area that you think would be a good fit to work alongside Sandman, go to his website and sign up.
- Speaking of philanthropic endeavors, Quandre Diggs gave out a free pair of tickets to a fan on this week’s #AskALion:
- On Thursday, the Lions announced that running back Ameer Abdullah was this year’s recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award. The award is given to the player that most “exemplifies sportsmanship and has overcome injury and/or adversity to excel on the field.”
- Giants talk radio is MAAAAAAAAAAAD after the Lions beat them on Monday night:
- Giants safety Landon Collins continued to go after Eric Ebron on Twitter on Wednesday night. The beef started when Ebron called Collins a “little punk of a safety,” after the game.
I’m weak lol I’m a punk tho...cuz I hit you to hard now... this is football...#lockdown— LANDON COLLINS (@TheHumble_21) September 21, 2017
- It looks like George Johnson is glad to be back with the Lions:
- Interesting note on Johnson. He apparently tried out for the team a few weeks back, but the team told him he was too heavy. Johnson lost the pounds and now he’s back.