- Former NFL offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz was only a part of the Detroit Lions organization for a few months, but came away impressed. He has been even more impressed with how the Lions have played this season and penned an excellent breakdown of why this team is drastically underrated right now. He even calls the Lions “the front-runner to win the NFC North.” I highly recommend reading the entire thing.
- Sports Illustrated’s Peter King similarly praised the Lions, and explained why he thinks the 10-second runoff rule should be changed.
- We’ve raved a lot about Glover Quin and the year he’s already having, but he isn’t the only Lions safety having a good season. Miles Killebrew is really coming along well:
These second year safeties have really impressed so far in 2017 pic.twitter.com/K5dPIJ4QH3— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 26, 2017
- I’m sure all of you are already aware of the Matthew Stafford “That’s a nice lead you have...” meme. Well it turns out Stafford knows about it, too, as some friends have texted him the image:
BREAKING: Matthew Stafford is aware of the "That's a nice lead you have..." meme.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) September 27, 2017
- A drunk driver who rolled his car on Sunday, is blaming the accident on the Lions’ heartbreaking loss to the Falcons.
- Darius Slay is this week’s guest on #AskALion, and has some... interesting thoughts about the shape of the Earth. Don’t worry, he makes up for it with some solid “Rugrats” takes:
- Head coach Jim Caldwell was asked on Wednesday what his thoughts were on a fan’s planned protest/boycott of Detroit’s next home game. Caldwell’s answer was succinct:
Jim Caldwell on the planned boycott for the next #Lions home game: "It's a free country. Next question."— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) September 27, 2017
- DetroitLions.com posted on-field audio from Detroit’s Week 3 game against the Falcons. Don’t worry, they don’t include the last play in the highlight reel.