- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Akeem Spence was one of the eight players to take a knee during the anthem of Sunday’s game against the Falcons. According to Spence, his actions have resulted in his father getting denied employment:
Got some awful news from my father a contractor deny giving him a job on doing a house because of my peaceful protest #smh— Akeem spence (@AkeemSpence) September 28, 2017
Say what you will about these protests, but you can no longer claim these players aren’t risking anything with their actions.
- Ty Schalter at Lions Wire argues that the league should not change the 10-second runoff rule when it comes to overturned reviews.
- Former NFL doctor David J. Chao doesn’t believe Sam Bradford will be ready to play this Sunday:
- Darius Slay was named as one of the eight most underrated stars in the NFL by Bleacher Report’s Doug Farrar.
- For as good as this offense has been advertised, they cannot go three-and-out this often:
- This is a really well-made video from the Vikings’ point of view on how their offense can continue its hot streak against a talented Lions defense.
- Good job, Don Carey: