NFL teams must have their claims in for the hundreds of players waived this weekend by noon ET on Sunday morning. Starting then, we’ll start to hear which players have been claimed and which have cleared through waivers completely.
Once those names have been sent out to teams, they’ll be able to start building their 10-man practice squad starting at 1 p.m. ET.
We’ll be following all of the news here at Pride of Detroit and providing live updates on this post. We’ll be sure to include any news of Lions players being claimed by other teams, claims the Lions won (or tried to win) and any additions to the Lions’ practice squad.
While we wait for news to trickle in, here is some reading material to get you prepared for claim day.
- Lions players eligible for the practice squad + predictions
- NFL waiver wire rules: Deadlines, priority list, etc.
- 30 players Lions could target on waiver wire, free agency
- Lions’ top 3 need + potential targets
- LB Thurston Armbrister
- CB Adairius Barnes
- WR Jace Billingsley
- WR Dontez Ford
- C Leo Koloamatangi
- DT Derrick Lott
- S Rolan Milligan
- T Storm Norton
- DE Pat O’Connor
- TE Cole Wick
Lions waiver wire claims
- G Zac Kerin (from Vikings) — per Jeff Risdon
- T Brian Mihalik (from Steelers)
Lions players claimed by other teams
- QB Brad Kaaya claimed by Panthers — per Albert Breer
- TE Khari Lee claimed by Bills — per Justin Rogers
Additional Lions cuts
- Cornelius Lucas cut to make room for Brian Mihalik
- G Brandon Thomas waived