- The Detroit Lions opened practice this week in preparation for the Arizona Cardinals on Monday. Every single player on 53-man roster was in attendance and participating, including Ezekiel Ansah and Corey Robinson, who are both fresh off the Physically Unable to Perform list.
- Last weekend’s cuts can be one of the most stressful days for an NFL player. Lions running back Tion Green, who was one of the surprise players to make Detroit’s 53-man roster, told reporters what his turbulent Saturday was like, including this funny anecdote:
Tion Green on what it was like waiting for the call on cut day... pic.twitter.com/h4y2lA3pBW— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 4, 2017
- Nate Davis of USA TODAY believes that the Lions have the worst backup situation with Jake Rudock as the only quarterback on the roster behind Matthew Stafford.
- On the other hand, Mansur Shaheen of Lions Wire did a deep film dive on Rudock and found him to be a legitimate backup quarterback.
- Every single one of the highest graded Lions from the preseason is a new addition to the 53-man roster:
Top Graded #Lions of the preseason:— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Detroit) September 4, 2017
D.J Hayden - 83.9
Jalen Reeves-Maybin - 80.8
Jake Rudock - 80.5
Nick Bellore - 80.2
Teez Tabor - 79.7.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press talked to several member of the Detroit Lions’ 1957 championship team. Watch the video below and read Shawn Windsor’s full story here. (If you don’t see the video below, click here)
- Nate Atkins of MLive gave grades to every Lions position as they head into the 2017 season.