- Remember the “Great Lakes Classic”? The preseason “rivalry” between the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns that abruptly ended in 2015? Ty Schalter did a deep dive to see what happened to the traditional game and, more importantly, found out what happened to that massive, eyesore of a trophy. Highly recommended read.
- DetroitLions.com’s video series #AskALion is back, and kicks off with the charismatic Ameer Abdullah. How many mini-A’Shawn Robinson’s could he beat up? Want some eclectic music recommendations? Check out the video below:
- Justin Rogers had a very informative sit-down with Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter. They talked about what happened to the deep ball in Detroit, Greg Robinson’s development and Jace Billingsley vs. Jared Abbrederis.
- Recently traded Johnson Bademosi gave his thanks to the Lions organization and fans via a lengthy Instagram post:
Thank you to the entire Detroit Lions organization (the Ford family, coaches, medical/training staff, equipment guys, support and operations, maintenance guys, community relations, player development, communications, media, security, everybody) for the support and opportunities given to me. To the city of the Detroit, the incredibly loyal fans, and all the people I've built relationships with, thank you as well. I will always have a special place in my heart for the city and will forever appreciate you all. Most importantly, thank you to my incredible teammates, my brothers. It was a pleasure competing and growing with you all. I love you boys! Didn't expect to be traded, but that's just business. Looking forward to the next phase of this wild journey in New England. God bless! #OnePride #LionBlood #BadaBOOM
- Matthew Stafford seems pretty content with his two daughters:
Matt Stafford holds a lot of records, but he's not chasing Philip Rivers' numbers in fatherhood department: "I pray to God I'm never at 8"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 6, 2017
- Lions safety Don Carey stood up in the middle of a group meeting to ask for some of his teammates to help raise money for a charity that gives aid and resources to domestic violence victims. If you’re interested in supporting the charity, you can find more information here.
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell gives a blueprint for how all 32 teams can win Super Bowl LII, including the Lions.