- Former Wolverine and New England Patriots player Pierre Woods gave (presumed) future Detroit Lions head coach Matt Patricia a ringing endorsement in the Detroit Free Press. Woods said Patricia is “one of the smartest men on God’s green earth and he’s going to find a way, within the rules of football, to beat you.” He also predicted that the Lions will win a championship under Patricia. Give the whole thing a read. It’s worth your time.
- Jamal Agnew and Jarrad Davis made the Pro Football Writers of America’s All-Rookie team. Here’s a look at the full roster:
Here is the 2017 NFL All-Rookie Team, as selected by the PFWA: pic.twitter.com/rsrTfopIsu— Pro Football Writers (@PFWAwriters) January 16, 2018
- Bleacher Report ranked the top 36 slot receivers in the NFL. Golden Tate came in at No. 2, tied with Vikings receiver Adam Thielen.
- The Lions put together a three-minute highlight reel of Matthew Stafford’s best moments from 2017:
Some of our favorite moments from Matthew Stafford this season - check it out! pic.twitter.com/HIwOkNriZb— Detroit Lions (@Lions) January 16, 2018
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe broke down the film of the Patriots’ divisional win over the Titans and found that both Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels put up a showcase performance. (h/t Lions Wire)
- Our friends at Detroit Jock City investigate what everyone really wants to know: Will Matt Patricia still sport the beard in Detroit?
- Marvin Jones Jr. has a new tattoo and it’s pretty sick:
I came to my brotha @fredfrost with a vision and he truly went over and beyond with this African x Native American tribal piece. Big shout out to him and all of the @frostcitytatau family for your warm welcomes. See y’all again soon! P.S. - Many of us, especially in the U.S. are socialized into not digging deep and discovering our family’s history. I encourage everyone to step out of that particular norm and truly find your roots and embrace them!
- Ty Finch over at Lions Wire believes that the Lions running game won’t be fixed with a new back. It needs a completely overhaul.