- The Arizona Cardinals will reportedly hire Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks as their new head coach. That leaves Patriots linebacker coach Brian Flores, who was a candidate for the Cardinals job, back to where he currently stands. Could he be next in line for the Detroit Lions’ defensive coordinator, or will he assume that role with New England? The ball is in the Patriots’ court, as they would have to grant Detroit permission to interview him (unless his contract is up at the end of the season).
- Last week Detroit Lions guard T.J. Lang was added to the Pro Bowl roster. This week, a familiar face joins him:
- In case you missed it, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia had a special moment at Gillette Stadium last night with his family. Monday, he spoke about what that meant to him:
Matt Patricia on celebrating on the field with his family after yesterday's game, what figures to be his last at Gillette as a Patriots coach. pic.twitter.com/vs5ACPIoDO— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) January 22, 2018
- The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett was at New England for the AFC Championship Game and made some interesting observations of Patricia’s performance.
- Your highlight reel player of the day? Golden Tate:
- Jeff Risdon shared a full seven-round mock draft for the Lions that landed a local product in the first round.
- One more awesome picture of Matt Patricia in his final moments at Gillette Stadium from Sunday night:
- Haloti Ngata was the Lions’ representative for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, but the NFL did not name him one of the three finalists to win the award. Instead, J.J. Watt, Greg Olsen and Benjamin Watson are the three finalists.