- After every season, NFL analyst Rick Gosselin puts out his special teams rankings based on 22 different subcategories. Led by excellent play from All-Pro returner Jamal Agnew and former Pro Bowl kicker Matt Prater, the Detroit Lions ranked sixth on Gosselin’s list.
- Highlight Reel of the Day goes to Ezekiel Ansah:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press listed five players at this week’s Senior Bowl that may interest the Detroit Lions come draft day.
- Here is your Dan Orlovsky film breakdown of the day—focusing on Eagles edge rusher (and former Wolverine) Brandon Graham:
Effort: a determined attempt. Can @brandongraham55 and the boys bring it like this all game against Brady in #SuperBowl52 ? #eaglesfans can bet on it! #FlyEagleFly @InsideIggles @GeoffMosherNFL @JackFritzWIP #NFCChampions pic.twitter.com/x7r2pfTQig— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) January 23, 2018
- MLive has nine facts you need to know about soon-to-be Lions head coach Matt Patricia. Did you know that he used to be an aeronautical engineer?
- The Lions may very well be in the market for a new running back this offseason. What should they look for in a back? These current and former NFL running backs do a great job of defining how the position has changed recently and what teams need to succeed:
Alvin Kamara, Priest Holmes, Carlos Hyde, and Kevin Faulk discuss what it means to play running back in 2018, and how the position might change— SB Nation (@SBNation) January 19, 2018
(Presented by ➡️ @SBNationNFL and @BWWings) pic.twitter.com/BKXw0URKty
- Birkett talked with a bunch of Patriots players last week to find out more about Matt Patricia’s defensive style. He found one thing to be consistent among their answers: versatility.