The PODcast crew was all ready for our 2018 Super Bowl LII extravaganza. Then the Alex Smith trade news dropped as we were about to hit the record button and all hell broke loose.
Catch our live reactions as the trade news slowly comes in and we learn more and more about Washington’s curious move to let Kirk Cousins hit the market and entrust their next five years to a 33-year-old quarterback instead.
After the initial shock is done, we get back to what we’re here for: Super Bowl and Detroit Lions talk. We take one the best prop bets for Patriots vs. Eagles, then shift conversation to the Lions’ new slate of coaches.
Download and subscribe to the PODcast on iTunes, or check us out on Stitcher. We’re also now on Spreaker!
This week on the PODcast
- Alex Smith is traded to Washington. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? Wait, THEY HAVE HIM A 4-YEAR EXTENSION, TOO? Wait, THEY TRADED ONE OF THEIR BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS AWAY, TOO? We try to digest the news as it comes in.
- Super Bowl Prop Bet time! How many times will we hear the word “dilly”? Is there any chance Tom Brady retires after the game? Sports betting expert Ryan Mathews gives his picks.
- The Lions (reportedly) have three new position coaches. We give our thoughts on the most important one: offensive line coach Jeff Davidson.
- The XFL: Is it going to be any good this time around?
- The mailbag casts an all-Detroit Lions Batman movie, discusses the best potato chips and the Blake Griffin trade.