- Former All-Pro linebacker Tedy Bruschi told DetroitLions.com that Jarrad Davis’ struggles in coverage are completely typical for a rookie and that he expects Davis to have a good career. “It’s natural that it’s taking him a little longer,” Bruschi said. “But that’s something a good young player like that can eventually come in his second year and third year.”
- The Detroit Lions put together a neat montage of the best community service moments from the players in 2017:
- Glover Quin was unfairly snubbed from both the Pro Bowl and the All-Pro teams, but NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling righted the wrong by placing Quin on his 2017 All-Pro list.
- I don’t know if this means something about Tahir Whitehead’s upcoming free agency or nothing at all, but it is noteworthy:
Things are about to get very interesting— Tahir Whitehead (@Big_Tah47) January 31, 2018
- With the coaching changes on defense and a pricey franchise tag figure, what will the Lions do with Ezekiel Ansah? Zac Snyder of Detroit Jock City gives his prediction on the Ansah conundrum.
Darius Slay named his top
fivefour cornerbacks in the league, and humbly didn’t include himself:
My top 5 CB’s in the nfl but not in order.....— Darius Slay (@_bigplayslay23) January 30, 2018
5.can be a lot of of guys
Them 4 guys been doin it for the longest on the highest level.... u can’t disrespect them guys like that..
- Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz called his time as Detroit Lions head coach “an awesome time in my life.”
- Get ready for more potential Joe Buck and Troy Aikman in your life. FOX Sports has acquired broadcasting rights for “Thursday Night Football” through the year 2022.
NFL reached an agreement with FOX Sports to broadcast the next five seasons of Thursday Night Football beginning with the 2018 season - at $660 million per year.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 31, 2018