Normally, our First Byte podcast is a nice “bite-sized” podcast to help preview the Detroit Lions’ upcoming matchup. But this week, special moments require special accommodations. So instead of jumping right into our Lions-Seahawks preview, there was some business to attend to.
The Detroit Lions traded for Damon “Snacks” Harrison this week, and Jeremy and Ryan could not be more thrilled. We go off for a full 20 minutes just talking about the implications the trade has, and how it could potentially immediately thrust the Lions into the playoff and division race.
After the two take a minute to catch their breath and take a cold shower, they bring in John Gilbert from Field Gulls to help preview the Week 8 matchup between the Lions and Seahawks.
This week on First Byte
- SNACKS on SNACKS on SNACK on SNACKS. First Byte goes King Sized to break down just how phenomenal this trade was for the Lions.
- But just how much can we expect the Lions’ run defense to improve with one player?
- Bob Quinn has silenced his critics.
- How has the Seahawks defense remained very good? John Gilbert from Field Gulls breaks down how Seattle has kept their head above water despite losing just about everyone from last year’s team.
- There’s a brand-new Russell Wilson emerging, John explains.
- Can anyone on Seattle stop the Lions’ newly-balanced offense?
- John reminisces about the good ole Golden Tate days, while Jeremy is expecting BIG things for the Lions offense this week (again).