The Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers rivalry may be more lopsided as of late, but the games have produced some extremely memorable moments. Whether it be the shanked kick that finally broke the Lions’ winless streak in Lambeau or Detroit’s pummeling of the Packers on Thanksgiving, or absolutely no other memories, the Lions and Packers always seem to put on a show.
So to help break down this week’s matchup between the two NFC North foes, we grabbed Pack To The Future’s Thane Goetz to discuss everything that’s going on with the Packers right now. What’s wrong with Aaron Rodgers and the offense? How good is this young secondary? Who the hell can catch passes for this offense given the myriad of injuries?
We find out answers and much, much more on this week’s episode of First Byte!
- Hey, we’ve joined a new podcast network! You can even listen to us on Spotify now!
- Aaron Rodgers is mad, and he actually has a reason to be. Thane talks what’s wrong with the Packers offense and why their scoring is down this year.
- Is there conflict between Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy or is this just how the two operate together?
- Who are the Packers’ rookie receivers, why do they have such awesome names, and how the hell do you pronounce their names?
- Speaking of young players, Thane explains how completely transformed the Packers secondary is after spending top draft picks in two straight years on defensive backs.
- Matthew Stafford vs. Aaron Rodgers... but are both teams going to try to ESTABLISH THE RUN INSTEAD?
- The gang makes predictions via the “One Thing We Think (we think) We Know.”