You’ve probably seen it by now, but the Detroit Lions’ trio of receivers have done something this year that no other team can claim: Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr. and Golden Tate have all surpassed 50 yards in all four games this season.
But do the Lions have the best receivers in the league? According to Pro Football Focus, they aren’t even in the top five through the first quarter of the season. PFF ranked all 32 teams by wide receiver group, and the Lions came in at seventh overall, behind the Vikings, Rams and among others.
PFF had some eye-opening stats about Golladay’s season thus far. “Second-year wideout Kenny Golladay has had an excellent start to the season, ranking among the league’s top-10 in both explosive plays (11) and contested catches (five),” according to the advanced stats site.
- During the Lions’ bye week, Marvin Jones Jr. is going to have a segment on CW’s All American talking about his path to the NFL and his life outside of football. Here’s a preview:
Doubt defier. Mentor. Family man.@MarvinJonesJr is more than just a football player.— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) October 5, 2018
For more on what it takes to overcome the odds, tune in Weds 10/10 to the premiere of @cwAllAmerican on #thecw. (In partnership with @TheCW) pic.twitter.com/KDJauu1JfL
- Good catch from Lions Wire: Kerryon Johnson leads all NFL running backs in DVOA through four weeks.
- Da’Shawn Hand is continuing his dominance as the best rookie interior defensive lineman:
The highest graded rookies on the defensive interior so far in 2018. pic.twitter.com/nvOMOJtldy— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 5, 2018
- Watch Matt Patricia break down Packers film with Lions radio play-by-play man Dan Miller in preparation for Detroit’s Week 5 matchup.
- Darius Slay: Still good:
The top playmakers in the NFL at cornerback. pic.twitter.com/pHMgvAKmmo— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 5, 2018
- The Detroit Lions are selling standing-room only tickets for Lions-Packers for... yikes... $89 a piece.