First Byte is back and has the background on the Detroit Lions’ upcoming opponent. This week, the 3-6 Detroit Lions host the 6-3 Carolina Panthers. So this week, First Byte hosts Cat Scratch Reader’s author Brian Beversluis to break down Detroit’s NFC foe.
Beversluis brings in valuable insight as to the Panthers’ inconsistent year thus far. Is the defense good or bad? Why is this team so much different at home than on the road? What the hell happened against the Steelers last week? Beversluis answers them all on this week’s episode.
This week on First Byte:
- The Panthers have a pretty darn good defensive roster, but why do all the statistical indicators show this is a bad defense this year? What has changed?
- Cam Newton is good again. Brian claims he was always good, but now he finally has the supporting cast.
- How much of a difference is Christian McCaffrey making? What makes him so dangerous? How can the Lions stop him?
- The crew breaks down the Panthers’ young secondary and potentially finds a weakness in the Panthers’ defense.
- Luke Kuechly is still the best middle linebacker in the league, accoridng to Brian.
- The Lions are probably going to be without Marvin Jones Jr., so how will the Panthers choose to cover Kenny Golladay, and can they stop him?
- Jeremy predicts Cam Newton pain, while Brian foresees death by McCaffrey, early and often.
- Can the Lions ESTABLISH THE RUN AGAIN???