Memories of Matthew Stafford wearing a glove will invoke nightmares for Detroit Lions fans. After breaking a finger in 2011, he played against the Chicago Bears with a glove and threw four interceptions. Back in 2016, his production plummeted in the final few weeks of the season after another injury affected his passing hand.
Well, I’ve got some bad news for Lions fans: Matthew Stafford was sporting a glove again during Friday’s practice. Of course, there’s no reason for actual concern. The glove is on his non-throwing hand, and Stafford is not on this week’s injury report—despite the injury clearly happening during last week’s game against the Seahawks.
This is also the first time Stafford has worn a glove all week, so there’s no guarantee he’ll go out there against the Vikings with one. Still, it’s something to keep an eye on during this critical game.
- There was a tense moment in the locker room on Friday, in which A’Shawn Robinson got very mad, stormed away and was chased by several teammates trying to calm him down. From my own vantage point, it’s unclear what sparked Robinson’s anger or who he was mad at:
I can't think of a time I saw a player so mad in the locker room, but A'Shawn Robinson came through today pissed and looking for someone. Was eventually corralled out of the room by teammates before an altercation.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 2, 2018
- Head coach Matt Patricia told the media on Friday that Ezekiel Ansah is making progress but is still considered day-to-day.
- Who will be the Lions’ third-down threat now that Golden Tate is gone? There hasn’t been a lot of third-down production from other Lions receivers this year:
Golden Tate wasn't necessarily "elite" at producing 1st downs (t-49th in '16, t-40th in '17), but he'd been the Lions' go-to on 3rd down. This season on 3rd:— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurkeNFL) November 2, 2018
Tate: 15 rec-198 yds (10 firsts)
M. Jones: 5-100
- New Lions linebacker Kelvin Sheppard talked to MLive about the being jobless in the NFL for three months and just waiting for a phone call.
- Here are some Lions Halloween costumes from this week: