Actually, in hindsight, that would have been a great song to open up the Pride Of Detroit PODcast with. I didn’t do that though. Shame.
We’re back at it again with audio deduction of Lions football. The gang is here, the fight is on, and the loss looms heavy. We took a day to let things simmer and instead found the usual crushing weight that comes with the realization that the NFL season is halfway over and Detroit is staring down the barrel of too many losses.
Nevertheless, if you want to know how this all fell apart, how badly the Lions miss Golden Tate, and indeed how badly the team is itself handling the pressure, you can hear it on PODcast.
This week on the PODcast
- Figuring out what exactly went wrong on Sunday. There’s a lot of wrong. Spoilers.
- How much blame does the offensive line take for allowing 10 sacks? How much blame does Matthew Stafford take for not staying aware of the defense coming after him?
- The offense was missing Golden Tate, but it wasn’t going to swing the game. Nevertheless, we discuss how this offense has looked different without him.
- Is the NFC North race over for the Lions? Is this a hole the Lions can’t climb out of at this point? Is there still hope to get this turned around.
- Real talk on the continued career of Jim Bob Cooter in Detroit.
- A lesson on “tilting” and what it means that the Lions are currently doing so, from Chris.
- In the mailbag, Ryan is crowned POD king of competitive eating.
- Marciano got fired while we were recording, so we talked briefly about that too.