Through the television broadcast on FOX, we saw some Detroit Lions players express some frustration during Sunday’s loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Linebacker Jarrad Davis threw his helmet in frustration as the Lions lost their fifth game in their last six tries.
That frustration clearly spilled over into the locker room, and veteran defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois—perhaps the most outspoken player on the team—wasn’t hiding it.
“I’m done with that shit,” defensive tackle Francois said according to MLive’s Nate Atkins. “That is unfamiliar to me, losing all the time. At some point, we have to have a breaking point.”
Francois is coming off a season in which he played with both the Packers and Patriots. Prior to that, he spent time with Washington, the Colts and 49ers. He hasn’t gone through a losing season since his second year in the league, way back in 2010.
And although Francois is no longer a big part of the defensive plan, it’s clear he’s frustrated with how the team is playing. It’s also clear he’s not alone.
- Damon Harrison Sr. is very much having a season worthy of Pro Bowl consideration. Make sure to vote for him!
#Lions DT Damon Harrison (@snacks) has an elite #ProBowlVote resume:— Greg Maiola (@Gom1094) December 3, 2018
- Leads all @NFL DTs with 64 tackles
- Has the 2nd-most runs stuffs among @NFL DTs (8.0)
- Is the only @NFL DT with 60+ tackles, 8+ TFLs, 3.0+ sacks & 2 FF
- Has a career-high 3.5 sacks#OnePride pic.twitter.com/XpGWPGgN6A
- Former Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen is hospitalized and in desperate need of a heart transplant, according to Peter King. Millen has been dealing with a rare disease called amyloidosis that is life-threatening.
- Here’s Kenny Wiggins and Frank Ragnow getting owned by Aaron Donald
Donald against the run does equally incredible things as he does rushing the passer: pic.twitter.com/bo8ty0Gmyi— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) December 4, 2018
And now here’s Wiggins shimmying after a good rep against Ndamukong Suh:
After a nice block on Suh and getting thrown down late, watch this subtle shoulder shimmy from Kenny Wiggins pic.twitter.com/30lF6IQIuQ— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) December 4, 2018
- Matthew Stafford hasn’t shown any late-game heroics in some time, and none of his coaches really seem to know why.
- Former Lions receiver Golden Tate scored his first touchdown with the Eagles on Monday night. Then he wormed in the endzone:
Golden Tate with the worm TD celebration pic.twitter.com/vIxGd3iAdI— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) December 4, 2018