The local Detroit Lions beat is slowly but surely making the transition into the offseason. With the team at 4-8 and their playoff chances not even really worth considering, it’s time to start thinking about the 2019 NFL Draft whether you want to (Kent) or not (me).
The Lions are currently slated for the fifth overall pick, which means they are very likely to get their pick of just about anyone in this year’s draft. Justin Rogers over at The Detroit News put together a Top 50 Big Board for the Lions (WARNING: Slideshow, looks much better on mobile).
Notable at the top of Rogers’ list: another Alabama defensive tackle Raekwon Davis (10), and tight end Noah Fant (20). Interestingly enough, there were no offensive players in his top 10.
- Remember Ron Prince? The only Lions coach besides Jim Caldwell to get immediately fired after the 2017 season after the offensive line performed horribly? Well, the man partially responsible for the Lions picking Eric Ebron over Aaron Donald found himself a head coaching job in college ball after spending a year with the University of Michigan as an analyst:
- Continuing with the draft theme, Kyle Meinke over at MLive has seven players the Lions could take with their first round pick next year.
- Golden Tate got an interesting gift in the mail this week:
- Spotrac listed a ton of players that could be cap casualties this upcoming offseason. Their list includes four Lions players.
- EVERYONE GET HYPED FOR SUNDAY!!!
The Cardinals-Lions game is considered the worst matchup of the week, according to the ESPN NFL FPI. On a scale of 1-100, the game was rated a 2.7. The Lions were given a 55.9 percent chance to win.— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) December 7, 2018
- Former Lions players Rob Sims and Calvin Johnson are trying to get involved in the Michigan marijuana industry but the Michigan Licensing Boards denied their initial applications.