- The Green Bay Packers went through a lot of coaching changes this offseason, and Aaron Rodgers doesn’t seem too happy that they went and fired their quarterbacks coach without consulting him:
Aaron Rodgers seemed puzzled by the departure of QB coach Alex Van Pelt. “I thought that was an interesting change … really without consulting me. There’s a close connection between the quarterback and his [position] coach. That was an interesting... https://t.co/bhprtLrY0C— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) February 1, 2018
- The Lions did the same thing and changed their quarterbacks coach. While Matthew Stafford has yet to comment on it, former Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky was “blown away” by the move and shared his full thoughts with the Detroit Free Press.
- Former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison had some flattering things to say about soon-to-be Lions coach Matt Patricia, including this nugget:
“Is he the right guy for a head coaching job? And I say, ‘You’re damn right he is.’ You know why? Because he’s smart, he understands players, he knows how to communicate.”
- Golden Tate gave the Detroit Free Press his thoughts on the Matt Patricia hire:
- In SB Nation’s latest mock draft, the Detroit Lions pick up yet another Florida Gator.
- Former NBA player Rasual Butler died in a car crash on Wednesday along with his wife. Calvin Johnson, who was friends with Butler, sent his condolences on Thursday morning:
- The Detroit Free Press has a pretty thorough transcript of Matt Patricia’s time with the media on Wednesday.
- MLive’s Nate Atkins explains why the Lions were smart to avoid a Kirk Cousins-like mess that Washington found themselves in.