- Pro Football Focus named 10 2017 rookies they think could bounce back after disappointing first seasons. Detroit Lions linebacker Jarrad Davis was No. 2 on their list. PFF noted Davis’ 2017 grade “is weighed down by his lowly 34.3 coverage grade, which ranked 76th out of 77 qualified linebackers last season. He was solid in run-defense however, earning an 83.4 grade (20th) in that department.”
- Former Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky was impressed by Matt Patricia’s introductory press conference and penned an article breaking down his favorite lines (subscription to “The Athletic” required).
- Speaking of Orlovsky, he’s going to be breaking down the Xs and Os of the Lions’ top 10 passing plays of 2017. Here are No. 10 and No. 9, and they’re both well worth your time:
Football season is done, but let’s keep enjoying some plays. #10 on the @Lions Top 10 passing plays of 2017 starts with a flick of the wrist from Stafford to Galladay that’s a thing of beauty. Enjoy the pressure step #Lions @lions @LionsNewsNow @LionsinWinter @HammerFox2 pic.twitter.com/irggBEZhJC— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) February 15, 2018
Pre-snap Vs Post-snap changes & can you as a QB know the 1 problem you have on a play and take advantage of it. Play #9 for the @Lions in their Top 10 has @MarvinJonesJr going over the top on Eli Apple @PrideOfDetroit @DanMillerFox2 @kmeinke @EverythingNYG pic.twitter.com/47kFYSaruD— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) February 15, 2018
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein makes the argument that the Lions absolutely need to franchise tag Ezekiel Ansah.
- This isn’t exactly a football story, but it’s worth pointing out in the midst of a national tragedy:
- MLive’s Nate Atkins dropped a two-round mock draft this week. The Lions’ haul was Alabama DT Da’Ron Payne and Georgia RB Sony Michel.
- The Lions have a neat slideshow of all the servicemen honored during the 2017 Detroit Lions home games:
#TBT to all of the Hometown Heroes that were honored during the 2017 #Lions season. ———————— • Brian Priester - Marines • Leonard Rusher - Army • Dave Hufstedler - Navy • Richard Thelen - Navy • Frederick Henry Sr. And Preston Jowers Sr. - Air Force • Ron Nomura - Army • James Lee Potter - Army • Brandon Minuth - Navy