- Gil Brandt of NFL.com listed the Detroit Lions as one of the best fits for potential free agent pass rusher Demarcus Lawrence. Only one problem: Lawrence is very likely to get designated with the franchise tag by the Dallas Cowboys.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press released his 15 “draft fits” for the Detroit Lions—matching the Lions’ needs with some first and second round prospects from the 2018 NFL Draft. (warning: slideshow)
- Lions Wire has a fun piece on what winter olympics sport each Detroit Lions player would compete in. Haloti Ngata had a say in the mix:
Where’s snowboarding? ♂️ That’s all me. Put me on the board and I’ll race down the hill. #automaticmedal #inmydreams— Haloti Ngata (@Haloti_Ngata92) February 19, 2018
- How big of a Matthew Stafford fan is new head coach Matt Patricia? He told MLive.com that he thought Stafford was a “totally complete” quarterback.
- Former Lions cornerback/safety Alex Carter became a father over the weekend:
- Lions cornerback Teez Tabor never takes off a wristband on his right wrist. ESPN’s Michael Rothstein has the cool story on what it says and why he continues to wear it (from last year).
- Jamal Agnew entered the NFL with a chip on his shoulder, because he didn’t even get a Combine invite. And he isn’t the only Lion:
.@jamalagnew is proof that a Combine invite isn't everything. #NFLCombine— Detroit Lions (@Lions) February 19, 2018
: https://t.co/AuLXRGCwJC pic.twitter.com/CT4oWCyOIu
Fact! Join the club! https://t.co/TBpuyB4V1S— TJ Lang (@TJLang70) February 19, 2018
February 19, 2018