- The Detroit Lions got an above-average amount of contributions from their 2017 draft class. According to Pro Football Focus, Lions rookies attributed for 2,660 snaps, good for 12th-most in the NFL:
A look at how many snaps rookies played for every team in the NFL! pic.twitter.com/QPRVgcZ4vM— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 20, 2018
- Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire has an amazingly detailed preview of the Lions’ edge rusher outlook. It includes a slew of free agency and draft options for one of Detroit’s bigger needs. This is a highly recommended read.
- Welcome to the world Zayne Zenner, who will undoubtedly be the 2040 Lions Name Bracket Champion of the World.
Update: When your pregnant wife asks if you will help wash the walls a baby isn't far behind. Welcome to the world Zayne. pic.twitter.com/132bqhgx6G— Zach Zenner (@zenner31) February 20, 2018
- Lions tight end Michael Roberts wants to be an “every-down tight end” in 2018, and with the future of Eric Ebron and Darren Fells unclear, Roberts may get that chance.
- I joined Matt Dery’s “Locked on Lions” podcast Tuesday to discuss Ezekiel Ansah and the franchise tag, Dion Lewis and other offseason questions facing the Lions:
- In this phenomenal guest piece at Football Outsiders, Ben Baldwin concludes that the success of a play-action pass does not appear to be depended on the strength of a running game. Of course, you could have just referenced Matthew Stafford to conclude that.
- It’s a dream scenario for the Lions, but watch this breakdown of Saquon Barkley and try not to fall in love: