- In case you missed it from last week, former Detroit Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky is breaking down the team’s top 10 passing plays from 2017. When we last checked in, Orlovsky had broken down plays 10 through 7. Here are plays 6 and 5:
This #YAC King guy @ShowtimeTate may be even better then we think. Play #6 for the @Lions shows just that and why it is so important for players to follow their rules and trust their @CBSSports @nflnetwork @NDFootball @mikerothstein @MGolicJR57 check your ND buddy out. pic.twitter.com/lbkTjKsllY— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) February 20, 2018
Play #5 for the @Lions has @MarvinJonesJr going full extension on a calculated launch by Stafford. QB’s don’t think “it’s just as good as a punt if picked off”. They pick their WR and their DB victim wisely..I know @RandyMoss had to like this one @espn @87ed May love it too! pic.twitter.com/v0S5Gzdv6e— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) February 20, 2018
- Lions Wire’s Erik Schlitt continues his excellent Lions offseason positional preview series with the linebackers, an underrated need for the team.
- DetroitLions.com gathered the top five special teams plays from the Lions’ 2017 season. No. 1 is exactly what you think it is:
- Add MLive’s Kyle Meinke and Detroit Jock City’s Matt Bosko to the list of local writers that believe Detroit should franchise tag Ezekiel Ansah.
- What are Detroit’s options if they let Ziggy walk? Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press flips through the thin free agent market for defensive ends.
- There’s also this, re: Ziggy:
Mel Kiper just called it “a bad, bad year for down DE” in the draft. #FranchiseZiggy— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 21, 2018
- Chris Burker of The Athletic previews the Lions’ options at offensive line during free agency (subscription required) and predicts how much it would cost for them to land Josh Sitton or Andrew Norwell.
- Haloit Ngata is following up on that Olympic snowboarding promise and taking to the slopes. Meanwhile, T.J. Lang couldn’t help but get in a cheap shot:
That poor board.— TJ Lang (@TJLang70) February 21, 2018