It’s that time of year, again. Time for the Pride of Detroit community to come together and created one big two-round mock draft for the rest of the world to enjoy.
If you’re new to the site or just don’t remember how this works, the Pride of Detroit Community Mock Draft is an exercise in which we get 31 community members to represent a different NFL GM. Then we’ll just go pick by pick and run down the draft order until we get a full two-round mock. Each general manager will be responsible for a short writeup on their first-round pick, and every selection will be graded by the Pride of Detroit community.
Now is the time where we have to assign community members to their respective general manager position. Here’s how that works (same rules as last year):
- The Detroit Lions will be represented by Alex Reno, so they already have a GM. There will be no GM for the Houston Texans, as they currently do not have a first or second round pick.
- Teams will be assigned based on how active you are on the site and how long you have been around, so it’s not a race to sign up first or anything like that. Newer users will still be considered, but I want to make sure regulars of the site get to participate.
- If you have a first-round pick, you will be asked to provide a 200-300 word write-up. Only sign up if you are comfortable doing this and are capable of writing coherent sentences. No internet slang, please. And do your research, please.
- Make sure you can stick to the schedule that will be posted in the coming days. You will be replaced if you can’t get your pick in on time. We move pretty fast (3 picks a day), so if you aren’t the kind of person who checks their email several times a day, please do not sign up.
- Sign up for the POD Mock Draft by Thursday March 29th at noon ET. Assignments and the schedule will be released on Friday afternoon.
- Again, I want to reiterate that you please only sign up if you are capable of keeping up to date several times a day. This draft will continue from early April until days before the draft. If you are going on a vacation or will be offline for a stretch of several days during any time in April, I highly suggest you do NOT sign up this year. One person can hold up the entire draft and threaten our ability to finish it before the real draft gets here.
How to sign up (PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION)
To sign up for the POD Community Mock, fill out the google form below. (If you don’t see it below, click here.) Follow the instructions on the form very carefully. Please pick out three teams you’d like to represent, even if you have no true preference—you can let me know you don’t have a preference in the comment section. And please, PLEASE, remember to leave a comment below to confirm your submission.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section or send me an email/tweet.