- Detroit Jock City’s Zac Snyder put out his second NFL mock draft on Tuesday, and it’s going to be very popular among Detroit Lions fans. Snyder basically runs down a best-case scenario for the Lions, checking off every one of the Lions’ biggest needs.
- This Darius Slay hype video is FIRE EMOJI X 100000000000000:
- One of the perks of the owners meetings in Florida is that coaches and managers are available to the media. So this week we have a slew of interviews available to consume. Thankfully, the Detroit Lions have video of almost all of them:
- Bob Quinn
- Matt Patricia
- Rod Wood
- Here’s the NFL version of “Who Wore it Best”
You come at the king, you best not miss. pic.twitter.com/j9lul4diUY— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) March 27, 2018
- When a few Lions players participated in the anthem protests last year, Lions owner Martha Ford promised to donate her time and name to a cause related to the protest’s goal. On Monday, team president Rod Wood detailed the three causes, which Lions players dubbed “Lions Pride in the Community.”
- NFL owners failed to adopt the “Josh McDaniels rules,” which would have allowed teams to hire coaching assistants while their teams are still in the playoffs. You’ll never guess one of the teams that was opposed to the rule change:
According to sources in the room, Bill Belichick was among most coaches who spoke out against in-game use of video—and was among a few coaches who spoke out against the so-called Josh McDaniels Rule, on legal and competitive grounds.— Seth Wickersham (@SethWickersham) March 27, 2018
- Chris Burke of The Athletic has a nice rundown of Matt Patricia’s crazily-packed offseason (Subscription required).
- Much like the other 31 general managers, Bob Quinn would love to get more draft picks and is very open to exploring some draft day trades.