- NFL.com’s Peter Schrager released his latest mock draft and his pick for the Detroit Lions is absolutely puzzling. Not only does he select offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey, but he “loves this fit” despite the Lions already having two long-term options at tackle.
NFL Network’s Bucky Brooks made picks for Detroit’s first three rounds, and while his selections are slightly more tolerable, they, too, don’t make a ton of sense:
- Kent Lee Platte’s latest article for the Detroit News looks at the athletic scores of a very weak tight end draft class.
- Shaquem Griffin, one of the best stories coming out of this year’s draft, has been invited to the NFL Draft and will attend:
- One of my favorite Lions writers in the blogosphere has resurrected. Neil from Armchair Linebacker is back writing about the Lions and is as descriptively crude as ever.
- Last year, Anthony Zettel was one of the best edge rushers from the 2016 NFL Draft class:
Joey Bosa has lived up to his draft billing so far! pic.twitter.com/BTIJLg0AwN— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) March 29, 2018
- Nate Atkins of MLive.com believes the second round is the perfect time for the Lions to trade down in the draft.
- Matthew Stafford could very well be the third-highest paid quarterback in the division before the offseason is done, and Lions general manager Bob Quinn isn’t surprised.