- Pro Football Focus ranked all NFL teams by the amount of yards after the catch from their wide receivers. Thanks in large part to Golden Tate, who led all receivers in YAC last year, the Lions finished second:
Yards after the catch from WRs by team in 2017! pic.twitter.com/3ctuHJ5sKN— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) March 4, 2018
In related news, the Lions receivers also ranked second in the league in broken tackles, trailing the Dolphins by just two:
Missed tackles forced by WRs for each team from 2017! pic.twitter.com/aeUz26pNQY— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) March 5, 2018
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press listed 10 things he learned from NFL Combine weekend, including a very interesting note about Travis Swanson’s diagnosed concussion last season. Apparently, his agent is telling other teams he was misdiagnosed and never truly suffered a concussion.
- A lot of Lions fans love Washington DT Vita Vea as Detroit’s next interior pass rusher, but how about Vita Vea: Red zone tailback?
The highlights of Vita Vea playing running back in high school are AMAZING. (RIP defender at the goal line.) pic.twitter.com/z6CB99r7F5— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurkeNFL) March 5, 2018
- This year’s NFL Draft will feature several players who were taught by new Lions defensive line coach Bo Davis. Birkett caught up with a few, and all of them raved about Davis as a great teacher.
- Check out the faces of these Detroit Lions back when they had to run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine:
- Justin Rogers of the Detroit News is previewing Lions free agency. On Monday, he started with one of their biggest needs: defensive end.
- Rich Eisen closed out the NFL Combine yet again by running a sub-6 40-yard dash. But this year, he was upstaged by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell: