- Matthew Stafford has been the beneficiary of being the part of the last NFL Draft class that had an extremely favorable rookie wage scale. As a result of that, and his record-breaking deal in 2017, he has the most cash earnings of any quarterback since 2010:
Top Earning QBs from 2010-2017#Lions M. Stafford: $158M#Giants E. Manning: $150M#Saints D. Brees: $138M#Falcons M. Ryan: $127M#Ravens J. Flacco: $126M pic.twitter.com/VATy0bxMcx— Spotrac (@spotrac) March 8, 2018
- On Tuesday, we broke down some potential free agent options if the Detroit Lions are in the market for a backup quarterback. Thursday, Lions Wire had an out-of-the-box idea. How about Teddy Bridgewater?
- Thursday marks the two-year anniversary of Calvin Johnson officially retiring from the NFL. Not to take anything away from Calvin’s career—he was a god-send at the time—but Stafford has only been better since Megatron left:
Matthew Stafford's numbers:— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) March 8, 2018
With Calvin: 60.9% completion rate, 279 ypg, 163 TD, 98 INT, 85.8 rating
Post-Calvin: 65.5% completion rate, 274 ypg, 53 TD, 20 INT, 96.2 rating https://t.co/3ijx9DCgpX
Meinke has more on the Lions not missing Calvin here.
- A designer named Mark Crosby took it upon himself to redesign the logos of all 32 NFL teams. I’m not a huge fan of the Detroit Lions take, but there are some sleek-looking designs there.
- Former Lions receiver Anquan Boldin is spending his time trying to improve the relationships between police officers and their communities:
“Bridging the gap between police and community through sports.”@AnquanBoldin, law enforcement, @GameChanger_USA & @OhioStAthletics are coming together for conversations about change. #LetsListenTogether pic.twitter.com/GHpy9xetUt— NFL (@NFL) March 8, 2018
- Still craving some NFL Combine content? MLive’s Nate Atkins has five prospects who improved their draft stock in Indy, and five prospect who hurt it.
- What players could the Lions potentially pick up in an Eric Ebron trade? Ash Thompson of Detroit Jock City lists a handful of player pickups, if the Lions don’t want to do a pure player-for-picks trade.