- Matthew Stafford and his wife Kelly just celebrated the first birthday of their twins, Chandler and Sawyer, but before they reached one year old, the Stafford’s got some wonderful news: Kelly announced on Instagram that she is pregnant, and the two found out right around Christmas.
Well it’s too tough to keep this secret any longer. We thought we had a plan until I found out a few days before Christmas, that God had a different one. I enjoyed getting to surprise Matthew on Christmas morning with some news he was for sure not expecting. We are excited to announce that we will be adding another baby to the family! #halfwaythere #20weeks #trainingcampbaby #staffordpartyof5 #3babiesunder17months
Kelly says she’s about halfway through her pregnancy already, meaning—for you non-math majors out there—she’ll be due right around training camp/preseason.
- Former NFL defensive lineman Stephen White did a full scouting report on Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst and came away with mixed feelings.
- The Lions’ draft hats were released this week, and they’re... well, they’re on sale:
- Lions general manager Bob Quinn said they were focusing around five or six candidates for their first round pick, but Justin Rogers of the Detroit News listed 10 candidates that he sees as a good fit for Detroit at 20th overall.
- Here are the 22 players that will be attending this year’s NFL Draft:
Here's the list of 22 prospects attending the draft. Baker Mayfield had previously announced he did not plan to attend the draft. 4 QB's (Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Rosen). Also Shaquem Griffin. @KPRC2 pic.twitter.com/GWTmyQ8BHz— Adam Wexler (@KPRC2AdamW) April 5, 2018
- Bob Quinn was apparently talking up Matt Patricia to Lions president Rod Wood two years ago, while Jim Caldwell was still the head coach.
- Here are a couple more draft prospects that will be meeting with the Lions soon (we’ll have a full list later in the week):
Bob Quinn said yesterday the Lions had 8 of their pre-draft visitors in already. They're hosting more today, including Washington State LB Frankie Luvu. Can play rush LB, had 6.5 sacks last season and an INT vs. Michigan State.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 10, 2018