- Interesting note from Jarrad Davis’ brief media session on Tuesday: He thinks the NFL’s new tackling rule aimed at avoiding leading with the head is a good idea:
Lions LB Jarrad Davis said he thinks the league's new tackling rule is a good rule: "It’s definitely something that’s going to take care of us as players and make us more fundamentally sound as well." https://t.co/1m5nNzlh0N— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) April 17, 2018
- Speaking of moves to take care of the players, the NFL announced this week that a handful of previously approved helmets no longer meet their safety standards and will be outlawed in 2018:
For the first time, NFL players will be prohibited from wearing certain lower-performing helmets in 2018. Ten helmets are now prohibited; six will be banned immediately, the other four can be worn this season only by players who wore them in '17.— Jenny Vrentas (@JennyVrentas) April 16, 2018
- Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire has a very thorough 2018 NFL Draft preview of the defensive tackle class.
- A few more Detroit Lions draft visits have been leaked by the media:
Alabama S Ronnie Harrison (No. 38 prospect on @MoveTheSticks' Top 50) had private meetings/workouts with PIT, NYG, DET, TEN, JAX, MIN, CIN, CAR, SEA, HOU, NE, and PHI. Versatile player who should go Round 2.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 17, 2018
- While previewing the Lions’ offensive drive for the 2018 draft, Justin Rogers of The Detroit News believes an interior offensive lineman is an early-round possibility for the Lions, and even an offensive tackle could be a late-round option for depth.
- Curious about the new Detroit Lions players’ numbers? This handy GIF will answer all your questions:
- Zac Snyder of Detroit Jock City has a seven-round mock for the Lions in which they go offense early (Warning: Slideshow).