- During ESPN’s weekly mailbag, Michael Rothstein listed a few players the Detroit Lions could have on the trading block for a draft-day deal. A couple players he named were Jake Rudock and Miles Killebrew. Check out his list and answers to several other questions here.
- On Tuesday, both Matthew Stafford and Jarrad Davis met with the local media. If you missed both press conferences, you can watch them here and here.
- Earlier in the day, I explained why I picked UTSA defensive end Marcus Davenport in the SB Nation mock. Later on Wednesday, our own Alex Reno broke down Davenport’s film in this enlightening Twitter thread:
Let the Marcus Davenport thread commence.— Alex Reno (@alex_reno) April 18, 2018
Probably the most noticeable part of Davenport's unrefined game is his brute strength and athletic ability. Despite his infant-sized hands, he generates an insane amount of pop on contact and is constantly sending OL into panic mode. pic.twitter.com/1Ht5qQwWab
- If LSU running back Derrius Guice is your preferred target in the first round, you should watch his excellent segment on “Good Morning Football” from Wednesday:
Don't let the "Ball of Butcher Knives" nickname fool you, @DhaSickest is all smiles at the breakfast table.— GMFB (@gmfb) April 18, 2018
Watch @lsufootball RB Derrius Guice join @GMFB to talk #NFLDraft, how to #AngryRun & @FortniteGame (obviously) pic.twitter.com/4ULIyFlVHU
- The Detroit Free Press previewed the quarterbacks in the 2018 NFL Draft class and discussed some potential late-round targets for the Lions.
- The “Brian Calhoun” incident in the Lions’ draft room was embarrassing. This is so much worse from both the Bengals and the Saints:
- Stafford knows he wasn’t perfect in 2017, and one of the biggest areas he thinks he needs to improve upon is cutting down on fumbles. He had 11 fumbles last season.