Last week, the PODcast welcomed two guests to help preview the this week’s NFL Draft. If you missed it, go back and listen to Alex Reno and Jerry Mallory give their takes on what they think should and will happen on Thursday.
This week, we decided to keep the guests rolling in. With Chris and Ryan sidelined this week, our favorite MathBomb Kent Lee Platte seamlessly stepped in, while Pro Football Focus’ Brett Whitefield added his invaluable commentary.
The gang went all out on the 2018 NFL Draft, picking our favorite prospects at positions of need, discussing rumors of who the Lions may be interested in, and making our best predictions for this weekend.
This week on the PODcast:
- Before jumping into the draft, we briefly discuss the schedule release and give our first thoughts the Lions’ chances in 2018 (SPOILER: we don’t know).
- Is cornerback a big need? What are the Lions’ plans for Nevin Lawson? Teez Tabor?
- The crew agrees Detroit needs any and all help on the defensive line, but which prospects are the best fit?
- LINEBACKERS. The most underrated need for the Lions. We get Kent’s and Brett’s feelings on Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch and Lorenzo Carter.
- Prediction time! Kent gives us an impromptu three-round mock for the Lions. Brett makes a definitive, surprising pick for the Lions in the first round, and Jeremy makes a prediction that will infuriate nearly every Lions fan.
- Mailbag debates high ceiling vs. safe pick, improves the NFL Draft production and discussed the best sandwich chains.
Listen to this week’s episode for an exclusive deal on Pro Football Focus’ Draft Guide! Get your last-minute draft cramming on, or just hold onto it for great information on who the Lions end up drafting!