- Many, myself included, have suggested that the Detroit Lions should trade down in the first round of the draft. However, it takes two teams to strike a deal. Lions Wire did a good job running down three different scenarios in which a team may want to trade up with Detroit.
- The Lions have photos from Day 2 of minicamp, and there are some beauties. Our favorite is of DeShawn Shead making (?) this sick catch:
- Here are some notable final mock drafts from local beat writers. The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett slotted Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans to the Lions, while ESPN’s Michael Rothstein picked Florida DT Taven Bryan.
- Today is a very special anniversary. Happy Draft Day, Matthew Stafford.
- DetroitLions.com has a nice breakdown of the final picks from national mock drafts, which vary from Will Hernandez to Harold Landry to Joshua Jackson.
- Stephen Tulloch is really excited to announce the Lions’ third-round pick on Friday:
DETROIT is on the Clock! It’s an honor for me to represent the city of Detroit and the Lions organization to announce the 3rd round pick of 2018 NFL draft. I have so much love and respect for the city of Detroit and it’s fans.#NFLDraft2018#Detroit#OnePride— Stephen Tulloch (@stephentulloch) April 25, 2018
- The Athletic’s Chris Burke has a wildly impressive Detroit Lions Draft guide (subscription required), in which he labels potential targets at each position for each day of the draft (if necessary).