- The Detroit Lions had some of the worst pass protection and a horrible running game in 2017. Some pointed to the injuries and lineup shuffling as a reason for the poor play. Others labeled that as a poor excuse. But according to this Football Outsiders stat, the Lions did deal with a historic amount of discontinuity among their front five:
2017 OL continuity scores: The #LARams had the most continuity (same 5 starters except Week 17) while the #Lions end up with the second-lowest continuity score since 1999, starting 12 players in 12 configurations. https://t.co/aH9FttvOcI— Football Outsiders (@fboutsiders) April 4, 2018
- Pro Football Focus has an odd, three-round mock draft that has the Lions taking a center you may have never heard of with their first-round pick.
- The Lions worked out a punter/kicker this week, who could end up taking reps in camp, should Detroit decide to add him:
Former Minnesota punter-kicker Ryan Santoso works out for the Lions and Ravens today per a source. Santoso won Kohl's kicking camp earlier this year and the Gridiron— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) April 4, 2018
- The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett has an updated version of his 15 draft fits for the Lions. (Warning: Slideshow)
- Unsurprisingly, after holding a private film sessions with Derrius Guice on Tuesday, both head coach Matt Patricia and general manager Bob Quinn were in attendance for LSU’s Pro Day on Wednesday.
LSU pro day today (Guice, Key, Jackson, etc.) and yes Bob Quinn & Matt Patricia are among those who will be in attendance.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 4, 2018
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein has an interesting article looking at how the Lions are spending their cap space positionally, and how that has changed through free agency.
- Headlines from the “You weren’t expecting this” department: