- For the past two seasons, the Detroit Lions have participated in joint practices during the preseason—one with the Steelers and one with the Colts. Last week, Lions head coach Matt Patricia said that he would like to do another one this season. The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett hypothesizes that he may choose the Jacksonville Jaguars, due to Patricia’s familiarity with head coach Doug Marrone. The preseason schedule should be out soon, so we’ll know more later this month.
- The Lions wide receivers earned more deep-ball yardage than any other team in the NFL in 2017. Thanks, Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay!
Which teams picked up the most yards on deep passes to wide receivers in 2017? pic.twitter.com/3o6N2OXRKD— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 4, 2018
- Could Matt Patricia’s defensive background be just the thing to take Matthew Stafford’s game to the next level? Patricia told MLive’s Kyle Meinke that his fresh perspective could help Stafford’s game.
- Akeem Spence has been the talk of potential cap cuts recently, but if he makes more plays like this in 2018, the Lions will be just fine:
- Just a day after being waived by the Detroit Lions, quarterback Alek Torgersen was claimed by the Arizona Cardinals, along with another quarterback: Brandon Doughty.
- In Torgersen’s place, the Lions are signing veteran Matt Cassel. But Lions Wire’s Ty Schalter thinks it should be Colin Kaepernick.
- The Minnesota Vikings were interested in former Raiders punter Marquette King, but the special teamer is signing with the Broncos:
- The Detroit Lions are hiring! If you’re looking to start a career in the media, this internship in the football communications department may be for you (h/t: Dave Birkett):