- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who worked alongside Matt Patricia for the past 14 years, offered a statement on the recently uncovered sexual assault allegations against the Lions coach. Belichick claims the Patriots never knew about the indictment, and he still supports Patricia and Detroit’s decision to hire him. Here’s the full statement:
Bill Belichick’s statement on Matt Patricia. Defends Patricia as a man of integrity, said Patriots didn’t know of the allegations either pic.twitter.com/5Y5sbhMkG9— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 10, 2018
- No one made more big plays downfield than Marvin Jones Jr. last season:
Marvin Jones Jr. was one of only three receivers in the NFL with 16 receptions on throws 20+ yards downfield in 2017! pic.twitter.com/Bn9Ypnkz7w— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 10, 2018
- Speaking of Jones, on Wednesday, Jones announced that he and his wife were opening an “Everything Bundt Cake” store in Michigan. ESPN business analyst Darren Rovell took the opportunity to teach Jones a lesson on franchising:
Most important part about opening a franchise is to understand that franchisor fees come off gross sales, not net sales. This franchisor, for example, takes 9% of gross sales for a marketing and royalty fee. Is the brand that valuable vs just opening a new cake shop? https://t.co/l4wX3zBKSX— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) May 9, 2018
But Jones wasn’t having any of that:
You wanna talk #s atleast try & get ahold of me directly (you cant btw) instead of google searching. Quit pocket watchin, if you don’t know what that means look it up. I dont make wrong moves trust me I understand it all. You must not know how to make a wife happy #weirdo— Marvin Jones Jr (@MarvinJonesJr) May 9, 2018
- Detroit Jock City’s Ash Thompson regraded the Lions’ 2014 draft, and it’s not something you want to bring home to mom and dad.
- Because we could all use some positive news about the personal lives of Lions players and employees, Marvin Jones and Matthew Stafford spoke to schools this week about living a healthy lifestyle:
- CBS Sports’ John Breech listed some of the most notable free agents still available and their best three fits. Predictably, Breech links defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins with the Lions, along with the Jets and Bengals.
- Theo Riddick isn’t afraid of the increased competition at running back, he’s embracing it. Riddick told reporters that he has learned the importance of acting like a mentor from Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.