As Detroit Lions minicamp gets underway on Friday, the team announced it has signed a slew of rookies, getting near the 90-man roster maximum allowed at this point in the season.
Every single draft selection, outside of third-round pick Tracy Walker, is now officially signed and under contract. That includes first-round pick Frank Ragnow. Contract terms have yet to be disclosed.
In addition to the Lions’ draft picks, they have also officially signed the following undrafted rookies:
- LB Al-Rasheed Benton, West Virginia
- CB Amari Coleman, Central Michigan
- CB Antwuan Davis, Texas
- DT Josh Fatu, Souther California
- CB Mike Ford, Southeast Missouri
- TE DeAndre Goolsby, Florida
- CB Chris Jones, Nebraska
- WR Kyle Lewis, Cal Poly
- LB Chad Meredith, Southeast Missouri
- OL John Montelus, Virginia
- OL Beau Nunn, Appalachian State
- WR Brandon Powell, Florida
- WR Teo Redding, Bowling Green
- P Ryan Santoso, Minnesota
- S Anthony Sherrils, Missouri
- DL Jojo Wicker, Arizona State
UPDATE: The Lions announced on Saturday they have also added Tennessee OL Brett Kendrick, as previously reported.
During rookie minicamp, the Lions have also invited a handful of rookies for tryouts, including Michigan quarterback John O’Korn. The Athletic’s Chris Burke provided a list of reported tryouts below:
Between draft picks, UDFAs and expected/reported tryout players, I've got the #Lions' rookie camp roster at 33 (and counting): pic.twitter.com/qN9ihbO3Yk— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurkeNFL) May 10, 2018