- The United States Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, which prevented legal sports gambling in 46 states, is unconstitutional. Though that doesn’t immediately make sports gambling now legal everywhere, SB Nation has a nice breakdown of what it does mean.
- Golden Tate spoke to the Detroit Free Press regarding Matt Patricia’s sexual assault allegations as revealed by the Detroit News last week. Though Tate admits he doesn’t know all the details, he believes it’s “a bunch of bullcrap” that this has become such an issue, considering the case never went to court.
- On Friday, the league announced the full preseason schedule for the 2018 season. Here are the dates and times for the Lions:
#Lions preseason schedule now has dates and times:— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) May 11, 2018
Week 1: Fri 8/10, 10:30 p.m. ET - at Raiders
Week 2: Fri Aug 17, 7 p.m. - vs. Giants
Week 3: Fri Aug 24, 8 p.m. - at Bucs (ON CBS)
Week 4: Thurs Aug 30, 7 p.m. vs. Browns
- Theo Riddick credits his veganism for helping him recover quicker after games on Sundays.
- Remember when former Michigan quarterback John O’Korn was expected to tryout for the Lions? He actually turned down the invitation and worked out with the Giants over the weekend:
Here's John O'Korn throwing a pass during Giants camp (via the @Giants website). @EvanPetzold reported that O'Korn declined his invite to Lions rookie camp. pic.twitter.com/8Kbn12NeWF— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurkeNFL) May 14, 2018
- NFL coaching legend Chuck Knox, who spent some time as the Lions’ offensive line coach, passed away at the age of 86 on Saturday night.
- Remember Austin Lane? The defensive lineman that spent a brief amount of time on the Lions’ roster? Well, he has a new profession, and he’s going head-to-head against another former NFL defensive end:
Just saw former Lions defensive end Austen Lane is fighting Greg Hardy in an MMA bout.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) May 13, 2018
(I hope Lane wrecks him).