- The Detroit Lions went no-huddle more than any other team in 2017, according to NFLSavant.com. However, that doesn’t mean the Lions snapped the ball very quickly. In fact, they took the fourth longest of any NFL team to snap the ball once the play clock started.
Here is the average time remaining on the play-clock when the ball was snapped for each NFL team in 2017: pic.twitter.com/7kwdLXTOFo— Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) May 18, 2018
- Chris Burke of The Athletic has an article from December explaining why the Lions’ no-huddle offense isn’t really about speed. (currently unlocked, no subscription required)
- Matthew Stafford was incredibly accurate on short-yardage passes last year:
According to the most advanced QB accuracy data available, Matthew Stafford threw the fourth highest percentage of perfect passes in the 0-9 yard range. @PFF_Steve with the breakdown. https://t.co/re2XE1ilMe pic.twitter.com/HWxY4z9b7b— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) May 16, 2018
- SB Nation broke down each team’s strongest position unit, and, as we’ve mentioned a couple times in the past few weeks, it’s undoubtedly their wide receivers.
- Pro Football Focus has a nice recap of the Detroit Lions 2018 draft class, although they curiously skip over third-round pick Tracy Walker:
- Got pipes like Marvin Jones Jr.? The Detroit Lions will be holding tryouts to perform the national anthem at home games in 2018. If you’d like to be considered, film an acapella version of yourself singing the anthem and submit it here.
- 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster had his preliminary hearings on his domestic abuse arrest on Thursday, and his ex-girlfriend recanted the accusations in disturbing detail:
Reuben Foster’s accuser just gave extensive testimony, says he did not hit her once and actually she struck him with hanger.— Cam Inman (@CamInman) May 17, 2018
“I was threatening Reuben. ... that I was going to f*** up his career”
Called 911 3x because “I wanted to be extra. I wanted him to go down. I was pissed”
Reuben Foster’s ex-girlfriend Elissa Ennis testifies:— Cam Inman (@CamInman) May 17, 2018
“It was all a money scheme. I didn’t want to get this far in the news. It was about money.”
She fled home to Louisiana after Foster arrested 2/11 and she took with her Foster’s money and jewelry which is in a safe deposit box