- Your favorite anonymous source is back: “anonymous scout.” ESPN tapped anonymous NFL executives, coaches and scouts to give their opinions on some of the top 2018 NFL Draft picks. One anonymous scout said of the Detroit Lions’ first-round pick Frank Ragnow that, “He’s got a little stiffness, but he’s good. He’s going to be a good pro.”
The article also looks at the effectiveness of first-round centers and has an intriguing theory on how the Lions’ may have fallen in love with Ragnow. It’s an interesting read if you have ESPN Insider.
- Just a couple of former Seahawks bonding together outside of Detroit on an offseason fishing trip:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press caught up with former Louisiana-Lafayette’s coach Mark Hudspeth to get the background on new Lions safety Tracy Walker. Here’s a money quote from that article: “He’s a guy that during the day when the team’s not over there, you’re walking down the hall and Tracy walks out of the position meeting room, he’s been in there watching tape,”
- Rookie minicamp is just over a week away!
- We’ve heard almost nothing from Lions defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni since he was hired earlier in the year. But during the Lions’ official draft party last week, he had a Q&A session. Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com has a recap.
- Pro Football Focus’ Josh Liskiewitz penned an article for The Athletic (subscription required) on the Lions’ most notable undrafted free agent signings. Here’s a snippet about linebacker Al-Rasheed Benton: “Benton was all over the field in 2017, posting 22 total quarterback pressures and giving up a minuscule passer rating of 26.8 on 19 throws into his coverage.”
- We know this is an article about the New York Giants drafting Saquon Barkley, but look at that tweet halfway through the article! That’s right, the official Giants site is citing our own Kent Lee Platte and his RAS measurements! Congrats, Kent!