The PODcast is back onto Detroit Lions football this week, and there is surprisingly a lot to talk about. It may be the offseason, but we’re just hitting our stride.
First, the PODcast crew discussed the latest with Golden Tate extension talk. Tate says he wants to retire in Detroit, but is he willing to sign a discounted contract to do so or is he just maintaining leverage in negotiations? We discuss what a fair price is for both sides.
Then it’s onto the big stuff: OTAs. The Lions begin practice this week, and we want to know a lot of things about this team. Ryan, Chris and myself discuss the things we’re most interested in seeing over the next month.
And finally, finally, we talk about the Lions’ undrafted free agent class.
This week on the PODcast
- Does Golden Tate really want to retire with the Lions?
- We discuss our favorite UDFAs and the ones with the best chance of making the Lions’ final 53-man roster
- OTA previews: What we’re watching for and who we’re hoping to see excel early
- NEW SEGMENT: We begin our 16-series segment “Lions Rewind.” Looking back at Lions-Cardinals with the benefit of hindsight. What we thought back then vs. what we know now.
- Mailbag discusses Jeremy’s Twitter leave of absence, deodorant preferences, and why there isn’t an NFL farm league.