Week 1 of Detroit Lions OTAs is in the books, and we have some takes from our first look at the team with Matt Patricia at the helm. Obviously, it’s important to take everything with a grain of salt, seeing as we’ve only been privy to one practice and it’s insanely early in the offseason process.
All that being said, LET’S TALK SOME FOOTBALL FINALLY. The PODcast finally gets a taste of the upcoming season, and is eager to talk about it (except, of course, Chris). We go in on the biggest takeaways from the first week of OTAs and talk about what we may be able to expect of this team and certain individuals for 2018.
Then we move into Part 2 of our Season Rewind to talk about Lions vs. Giants. At the time it seemed like a huge franchise win for the Lions, but looking back now, it’s quite different. We talk about the biggest narratives that came out of the game and look at it again with the power of hindsight.
This week on the PODcast:
- OTA recap! The biggest storylines from the opening week of Lions organized team activities.
- Is Miles Killebrew done in Detroit? Will he even make the team? The crew breaks down Killebrew’s disappointing performance in Thursday’s practice and what it could mean for his future.
- Frank Ragnow continues to play left guard with the starters. Is that the right move? We debate.
- Season Rewind! The Lions’ convincing win of the Giants had fans pretty high on the team, but looking back, the win doesn’t look as impressive. We discuss what we were right about at the time, and what we got very, very wrong.
- Lebron James.
- Mailbag decisively picks the best kind of french fry, debates Kanye vs. Drake, and talks a little Stanley Cup playoffs.