- Ash Thompson of Detroit Jock City believes Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter is on the hot seat already, considering he wasn’t a hire by Matt Patricia.
- The Athletic’s Chris Burke also wrote something similar about Cooter this week (subscription required), saying that the pressure is on the Lions’ offensive play-caller to turn keep the team headed in an upward trajectory.
- Matthew Stafford was fourth in the league in passing touchdowns last year, but in terms of leading scoring drives, he was actually pretty average in efficiency:
- Locker-room ping pong champion Golden Tate took on IndyCar driver (and high school buddy) Josef Newgarden in a spirited game for charity. The Detroit Free Press has video of the event (spoiler: Tate lost).
- Darius Slay has been getting a lot of love this week after being named the 49th best player in the NFL by his peers. Pro Football Focus added more love fuel to the fire:
Over the past three seasons, no CB has gotten their hands on the football at a higher rate than Slay (INTs + PBUs). When his coverage is targeted his play-maker index of 17.7 ranks 1st over that span. #OnePride https://t.co/bEkc9wcTCu— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) May 31, 2018
- If you’re looking for a chance to see the Lions “play” football live for a very affordable price, preseason tickets are now on sale, and some tickets are already selling for as low as $11.
- Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire updated his handy roster stack projections, which split the Lions’ roster into impact players, core players, those battling for starting jobs, and bubble players among a few other categories. It’s a unique way to look at the roster.