The NFL Draft is now over a week in the rear view, and the Detroit Lions are still a good three months from training camp. That means the PODcast crew is facing the sad reality that the offseason is now truly upon us and soon there won’t be all that much to talk about.
HOWEVER, we’re not quite there yet. There is still some news to digest from the draft, and a trade to break down. Additionally, it appears the Lions may be lining up to make another offseason move. So the PODcast enlisted some help and attacked the news head-on.
With Chris sidelined again this week, we brought in newbie Mansur Shaheen of Lions Wire and Bird Breakdown to get his thoughts on the draft, the future of the Lions’ defense and whether he’s buying into Matt Patricia so far.
This week on the PODcast
- Final thoughts on the Lions’ 2018 NFL Draft: Does Detroit have the best offense in the league now?
- Mansur breaks down the tape on Kerryon Johnson and explains why he loves the pick.
- Analyzing the Akeem Spence trade: Did the Lions really have to make this move?
- Are you buying into the Lions’ defensive line strategy this offseason or are they in serious trouble?
- The PODcast crew debates the Lions’ next free agency move: Is Johnathan Hankins a serious possibility with the extra cap space?
- A free agent tight end emerges! Should the Lions pursue?
- Mailbag shuns pizza ranch dippers, predicts the Lions’ running back depth chart, and its best guesses at the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018 list.